What is more interested in a car diesel or gasoline? The sales figures show that more and more drivers opt for the latter.
Do you think car change soon and you are looking at what car to buy? In that case certainly has assaulted you the same question that the vast majority of drivers: what to choose, tourism diesel or gasoline. In this article we'll tell you why market preferences are changing and more and more users opt for vehicles with petrol engines.
Because if we look at the sales figures, we see that currently the diesel and gasoline cars They are more evenly matched than ever. In the first six months so far this year until the last day of July 2017, 45.7% of all passenger cars registered in Spain had petrol engines, while 49.9% was available diesel engines ( the remaining 4.4% is hybrid or electric vehicles).
This equality of which we speak is more evident if we compare these results with those of last year, because in that case we will see that we closed 2016 with percentages of 40.2% for gasoline and 56.8% for diesel. This shows that the trend is changing, that buyers are beginning to change in mindset betting gasoline engines.
7 cars better than diesel fuel (14)
- The Audi TT is the kind of car that is better than diesel gasoline engine.
- 2.0 TFSI engine fits perfectly with what you want to convey the model.
- The Ford Mustang has never been offered with a diesel engine (thank goodness).
- However, it features a 5.0-liter V8 engine and efficient 2.3-liter EcoBoost.
- The Mazda MX-5 has always offered atmospheric engine petrol, manual and rear-wheel drive.
- It has never been offered with a diesel engine and we hope it stays that way.
- Although the Porsche Panamera has a diesel variant is better with gasoline engine.
- Its powerful V6 and V8 biturbo engines make the Panamera is a genuine Porsche.
- The Subaru BRZ is one of those cars that are no longer manufactured.
- A sports car with boxer engine, manual transmission and rear-wheel drive. How it could well be diesel?
- The Volkswagen Gof GTI is the most emblematic sport compact.
- Leaves its gasoline engine turbo evident in every way, the diesel Golf GTD.
- The Volkswagen Scirroco is based on the Volkswagen Golf, but as a sport, is better on gas.
- This is because when a diesel engine equipped TDI part of the essence of this coupe is lost.
To this certainly helped matters such as emissions Volkswagen scandal, which brought to light the problems that manufacturers face in order to comply with pollution standards with diesel engines and, for the user, resulting in technically complex cars. Better they spend less fuel, but their devices to meet emission limits mean they are comparatively more expensive to maintain than equivalent gasoline vehicle.
But surely also it contributed to this change the battle against diesel waged some cities, in some cases, have warned their citizens at a certain point the most polluting vehicles will have access to urban centers. It is clear that choose a diesel car still it makes sense, for example, for those who make many kilometers a year, or for those who need a lot of strength to transport heavy load.
The interesting thing is that diesel is no longer the only option for most drivers, now more than ever face the eternal dilemma of choosing between a diesel or gasoline vehicle. Generally, the former tend to be more expensive to purchase than the equivalent version with mechanical gasoline price difference is hard to justify (or amortize) unless you make a lot of kilometers annually.
To all this we must add that the maintenance of diesel cars is generally more expensive than equivalent gasoline, mainly because of its greater technical complexity: half its maintenance will cost about 640 additional euros over a period of 10 years. But also safe cars are usually more expensive in diesel than petrol, around 50 euros annually. So being more expensive to acquire, maintain and secure, it is increasingly difficult to justify buying a diesel car.
Diesel Particulate Filter: a source of problems (13)
The particulate filter has been reducing its size and staying out of sight
Aspect of a middle section with incorporated particulate filter, all new
Honeycomb particulate filter
If it works perfectly particulate filter, which leaves the escape should not be overly showy
Development of improved filtering under successive Euro norms
Filtering system by catalytic reduction
Muffs intercooler, if not crack, can damage the temperature in the particulate filter
Filter particles stolen
Flowmeter: can give problems particle filter
BASF is one of the leading global manufacturers of monoliths for particulate filters
The particulate filter at full capacity, can exceed 100 ° C